About Home Security
Home security has always been a concern for homeowners with almost every one of them having thought at least once about how they can best protect their home and family from intruders. Advancements in technology have greatly contributed to the growth of the industry which now offers different types of systems suitable for almost every budget.
In the past, only the wealthy could afford to protect their property with security services. Sensors would be installed on the property, and the company would monitor them for any movements sending security guards to check the property in the event of an alarm.
Nowadays, the services of security companies are more affordable, but can still take a chunk out of your budget. Smart home security devices are an option for those that simply can’t or don’t want to fit the services of a security company into their budget.
Every year in this industry provides more user devices to the consumers. All of these devices are self-use, that`s mean you install them yourself and connect with your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Let`s fast check one of the most popular devices and what they can do for you:
Every year, more types of home security devices hit the market. These smart devices allow you to install them yourself and connect them to your phone, tablet, and computer. They include:
- Smart locks - Depending on the model, you can use a key as normal, a code, or your phone to unlock your door. These may connect via Bluetooth or wifi, which would give you even more options.
- Video doorbells - Connect a camera to your doorbell so that you can see who is at your door even if you aren’t home — simply open up the app when you receive a notification.
Smart locks and video doorbell are perfect compliments — with both installed, you can receive a package when you aren’t home. For example, a courier comes to your house, rings the doorbell, you see it on your phone, you talk to him via this video doorbell app and then let him leave your valuable package inside. Or if you have kids who regularly lose their keys, you won’t have to go through the headache of making new keys for them, just let them use the app or let them in yourself.
- Other popular devices - Smoke detectors, glass break detectors, motion sensors, water sensors and other water leakage alarms are only some of the most popular devices. The customer service of the companies offering these can easily help you determine what is most appropriate for your home.
- Surveillance cameras - One of the world’s most popular home security devices are still widely used and are now more affordable and easier to use.
- Choosing security gadgets that fit your needs can give you peace of mind.
- At the same time, you won’t have to pay a lot to a security company.
- You are always in control of the situation and can check what is happening at your property.
- Save on home insurance - many insurances provide discounts if you can prove that you have installed security devices.
- In the event of an emergency, these devices send a notification to you and not to the emergency services. You are responsible for contacting necessary help like the fire department or other rescue services.
- In the beginning, it could be expensive to install multiple smart devices.